Saturday, August 20, 2016

Fitbit ChargeHR (2 months)

I've been wearing my Fitbit for just under 2 months.

The Fitbit website does track the number of times you hit certain goals (ie 5k steps, 10k steps, etc.). I'm not sure if this is new since my last post, but most likely I just didn't notice since I use my phone to check most of the stats. So, that is pretty cool.

Another ask was to compete with other types, and Fitbit does have their data available to download so this is possible if someone developed such an interface with other devices.

I have been on an exercise tear, averaging about 20k steps per day so I have been crushing my challenges for a pretty long time. I think this may have discouraged some of the bottom steppers or "more"-competitive people. I would really like some challenge that would help encourage people to move more. I try to get people to go out more, but "unfortunately" that also means that I'm out more thus getting more steps too.

Sadly, I could not come up with any good ideas that would motivate people. The best idea I could come up with is some challenge based on improvement from the previous week. Or maybe some sort of handicap, like they would get 1.5 step points per step.

I have forgotten to take off my Fitbit a couple times when I showered. It did get soaked for a second or two. I have had no problems at all.

It is not comfortable to wear while playing volleyball, but is still playable. I prefer not to wear the Fitbit. I've only tried a couple times. It does not really impact my actual play... just uncomfortable when I bump.

Overall, I am still quite satisfied with my Fitbit. It has pushed me to be more active.


Reference
http://douglastclee.blogspot.com/2016/07/fitbit-chargehr-two-week-impression.html
http://douglastclee.blogspot.com/2016/06/fitbit-chargehr-first-impression.html

No comments:

Post a Comment