Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: Google AdSense (@1000 page views)

Earnings

I finally reached 1000 page views and see my very first payable earnings, a whole $0.37.

I am still trying to figure what all the metrics mean. It appears that the earning comes from the RPM (revenue per page views / factor) where factor is 1000 at the time of this post. At the time of the 1000 mark, my RPM is at $0.37.

What is confusing is because I actually have CPC with $0.38.
The cost-per-click (CPC) is the amount you earn each time a user clicks on your ad. In your reports, CPC is calculated by dividing the estimated earnings by the number of clicks received.
Somehow the RPM for that day is $16.34. I cannot figure which number is the source value. I thought CPC was the amount that I actually received because someone clicked on an ad. This is clearly not the case because I received less than that amount.

The other odd thing is the summary of the reports. In the total amount for CPC, I have 0.38 while I only have one record of 0.37. I do have 0.01 in the estimated earnings which carries over to the CPC? That does not make a lot of sense to me yet, but that's the only field that has a penny.

Well at the rate that I am going, I will hopefully reach the next thousand in 5-6 weeks to compare more numbers with.

Navigation

Since I developed a habit of going into the reports, I had trouble finding the page the earnings was on. It is on the home page of AdSense under "View payments".


Note

Please do not click on the ads unless you are intentionally interested in the ad (per Google's terms of use/service). I am not blogging for income. I am just analyzing the service. TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment