Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Life: Recovering from Sluggishness

I've been busy for the last couple months and been starting to feel very sluggish.

Basically, I haven't been feeling well. When I do get in 6-8 hours of sleep, I still feel slow. I feel tired but not sleepy. Sometimes, I cannot stay as focused or concentrate on my tasks. I also succumb to being lazy and not wanting to do things.

Usually when I notice this, I typically change my diet because typically it is the increase of greasy and fatty foods due to the convenience of eating cheap fast foods. Since I've already been eating somewhat healthy, there has not been a big change to my diet. I already cut juices, drinking water practically every time, and eating more vegetables.

Perhaps, some of it may also be coming from the sudden onslaught of hay fever. Having to deal with all the sniffling, sneezing, and itching eyes, I had to put more effort into concentrating on tasks.

Then my intramural sports league started back up. I started to exercise in preparation since I have become even more out of shape. I have started noticing that I feel more energized and found it easier to focus on tasks. After a couple more weeks, my hay fever has also started to go away.

It always seems odd to me that the more I do not want to move, the more important it is for me to exercise. I kept pushing that I'll do something the next day. Fortunately for me, I do have a breaking point where I will just get up and move. Unfortunately, it does not come often enough. Although I am good at keeping an agenda, regular life events seem to disrupt that flow (weddings, reunions, visiting friends, friends visiting, etc). I really need to find a way to psychology get myself back into regular exercising mode.


Reference:
http://douglastclee.blogspot.com/2013/10/life-fighting-hay-fever.html

No comments:

Post a Comment