Monday, October 14, 2013

Complaint: jobofmine.com Has Stolen Information from dice.com

They have stolen information from dice.com. I do not know if they stole it or bought it from someone that did. Either way, there is some shady business. I would not trust this site.

This is why in today's age, it is more important to be lost in too much information than to remove all information about oneself. There are some small unique quirks that are intentionally used. This helps me identify where the information is coming from.

I also wish that there is some law that can be signed that forces companies to provide details where they received the information. This is to primarily target those companies that are buying contact information from other third parties. This would also make it easier to target companies that use shady business practices like trading email addresses for marketing purposes.

Edited: 10/24/2013
My apologies. I had thought the info was copied from monster.com, but in actuality, it was from dice.com.

2 comments:

  1. I saw some old info of mine that I had posted to dice.com (and since removed) on the jobofmine site--however, I have never submitted info to jobofmine. So, then I googled "shady jobofmine" and stumbled on your page. I agree that jobofmine seems shady!! So now I am wondering how can I get my info removed from it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. Technologically, there is no way to remove it if the site owner does not wish to. Because of that, I do not think it is worth the effort to try to contact the site owner to remove the content especially if it is of questionable ethics. This may be worth attempting with major brands like monster, google, etc. I did notice that my information is no longer searchable from google although this may not mean that they removed internally too (in other words, someone may still be able to view in from within their application). If for whatever reason the information should be removed, I think someone would have a better chance with notifying google or other search engines to remove the page from its search results. You may have to show proof that the information is indeed yourself.

      Delete